CAMRA North Cheshire Branch
There are five CAMRA branches whose geographical areas cover parts of the county of Cheshire. The North Cheshire CAMRA branch covers the northern central area of the county.
The Cheshire branches jointly produce the free magazine Out Inn Cheshire which you can pick up in many real ale pubs. You may find some archive information on the old website at http://www.outinncheshire.co.uk/.
Neighbouring CAMRA branch websites can be found via the following links:-
- CAMRA South Cheshire Branch
- CAMRA Halton Branch
- CAMRA Macclesfield & East Cheshire Branch
- CAMRA Trafford & Hulme Branch
- CAMRA Chester & South Clwyd
The North Cheshire Branch area covers the area defined by the Warrington Borough Council and former Vale Royal Borough Council administrative areas. The major towns in this area are Northwich, Frodsham, Lymm and Tarporley - quite a large geographical area to monitor! Although we have in excess of 900 members, only a small number actively participate in campaigning activities. We would like more members to Get Involved.
Branch events over the year include:
· Monthly meetings - held at various pubs in the branch area.
· Heritage and city pub crawls- at a designated town/city. Saturday day trip travel by public transport.
· Brewery trips.
You can see details of all meetings/socials and trips in the Branch Diary on this site. These can also usually be found on the diary pages in What's Brewing, which members receive monthly from CAMRA HQ and in our county magazine, Out Inn Cheshire, distributed quarterly through pubs.
If you are interested in sharing lifts to attend any of the regular meetings or socials then please email the membership secretary moc.liamg@cesrebmemcn:otliam who will add you to the lift sharing group for your post code area.
Monthly events and branch news email about beer related events (not necessarily organised by CAMRA) in the branch area plus details of any events happening outside the area which are brought to our attention by other branches/breweries/pubs.
Reminders a week or so before any regular branch meetings or pub surveys. These reminders are emailed out to members living in the postcode area or adjacent postcode area to which the venue is located and are also Tweeted and posted on Facebook.
On an ongoing basis, branch members collect and maintain information in support of CAMRA's campaigning objectives:
· Monitoring of pubs and beer quality for the annual selection of pubs for the Good Beer Guide
· Maintaining a list of all pubs within the branch area
· LocAle accreditation - recognition of pubs selling good quality beer from local breweries
· Liaising with local breweries
· Producing the North Cheshire section of Out Inn Cheshire - acquiring pub adverts, producing copy to inspire readers to visit and use pubs and clubs in our area and distributing the magazine to all branch pubs that serve real ale.
To see the Role, Name, Photo and Contact Details of any branch officer, please see the Contacts page.