CAMRA North Cheshire Branch
WHERE ARE WE?
There are five CAMRA branches whose geographical areas cover parts of the county of Cheshire. The North Cheshire CAMRA branch covers the northern central area of the county.
The Cheshire branches jointly produce the free magazine Out Inn Cheshire which you can pick up in many real ale pubs. You may find some archive information on the old website at http://www.outinncheshire.co.uk/.
Neighbouring CAMRA branch websites can be found in the Links to Other Website page.
The North Cheshire Branch area covers the area defined by the Warrington Borough Council and former Vale Royal Borough Council administrative area in which the major towns are Northwich, Frodsham, Lymm and Tarporley - quite a large geographical area to monitor! Although we have in excess of 900 members, only a small number actively participate in campaigning activities. We would like more members to Get Involved.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Meetings & Socials
Check out our Branch Diary page for details of our meetings and socials
These can also usually be found on the diary pages in What's Brewing, which members receive monthly from CAMRA HQ and in our county magazine Out Inn Cheshire distributed by us quarterly through pubs.
Branch events over the year include:
Monthly meetings - held at various pubs in the branch area.
Heritage and city pub crawls- at a designated town/city. Saturday day trip travel by public transport.
Beer Festival visits
Supporting CAMRA's campaigning objectives
Monitoring of pubs and beer quality for the annual selection of pubs for the Good Beer Guide. Click How to Score Beers to see how you can participate by scoring the beers you drink.
Maintaining a list of all pubs within the branch area in the WhatPub database
LocAle Accredited Pubs - recognition of pubs selling good quality beer from local breweries
Liaising with Local Breweries
Producing the North Cheshire section of Out Inn Cheshire - acquiring pub adverts, producing copy to inspire readers to visit and use pubs and clubs in our area and distributing the magazine to all branch pubs that serve real ale. If you are interested in sharing lifts to attend any of the regular meetings or socials then please email the membership secretary moc.liamg@cesrebmemcn:otliam who will add you to the lift sharing group for your post code area.
Monthly events and branch news email about beer related events (not necessarily organised by CAMRA) in the branch area plus details of any events happening outside the area which are brought to our attention by other branches/breweries/pubs.
Reminders a week or so before any regular branch meetings or pub surveys. These reminders are emailed out to members living in the postcode area or adjacent postcode area to which the venue is located and are also Tweeted and posted on Facebook.
BRANCH FACEBOOK PAGE
The Branch has a Facebook contact who is responsible for maintaining the Branch presence on Facebook. Click here to see the North Cheshire CAMRA Facebook page
BRANCH INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
The Branch has opened its own Instagram account. The link to the account is www.instagram.com/northcheshirecamra/
North Cheshire branch Twitter feed
- Wednesday 4 March, 21:08 : RT @WiganCAMRA: The wait is over. Wigan CAMRA Beer Festival starts tomorrow (Thursday). The festival programme is now available online. Check it out at : beerfestival.wigancamra.org.uk/programme/ pic.twitter.com/jki1G1vZZq
- Wednesday 4 March, 21:33 : RT @warringtonnews: The decision was met with applause and cheers from campaigners warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/18281589.…
- Saturday 29 February, 09:07 : RT @NCPubs: Finally the Ferry, Penketh has retained the Branch Community Pub of the Year title after a closely fought head to head with Paddys in Frodsham. Well done Andy and Jade! Not a bad return for a couple of days, 2nd in Pub of the Year and top dog in CommunityPub of the Year.
- Wednesday 26 February, 09:14 : RT @NCPubs: It's 'competition season' yet again. First up was Club of tfe Year with current national champion, Appleton Thorn Village Hall, retaining it's crown as branch winner for 2020. Chris will need a new wall to display the ever-growing collection of branch, regional & national awards!
- Wednesday 26 February, 09:19 : RT @NCPubs: Next up was the branch Pub of the Year competition for 2020 which was deservedly won by the Lion, Moulton, 5 years after they were last top of the pile. 2nd was the ever-present Ferry, Penketh. Well done to both!
Use this link to see North Cheshire CAMRA Twitter Feed
If you have a news item of interest, please email it to ku.gro.armacerihsehchtron@deefswen
To see the Role, Name, Photo and Contact Details of any branch officer, please see the Contacts page.
BEER FESTIVAL CHECKLIST
Are you thinking of organizing a Beer Festival? If so, CAMRA North Cheshire may be able to help you. Our members have produced a BEER FESTIVAL CHECKLIST. This won't tell you all the steps from A to Z in how to set up and run a Beer Festival, but it may well help you remember to consider the many important prerequisites, legalities and responsibilities when you are planning. If you are interested in obtaining a copy, please contact the Branch Secretary eMail Secretary initially to establish whether we can help.