North Cheshire CAMRA - Election of Committee Members and AGM
The election of new committee members took place on 26th October via Zoom
You can see a list of our branch committee names and roles on the Branch Contacts Page
HOW YOU CAN HELP US COLLECT INFORMATION ON PUBS IN YOUR AREA
You don't have to be a member to help CAMRA keep their pub database bang up-to-date! Anyone can easily submit WhatPub updates to the CAMRA branch responsible.
Whenever you have reliable local knowledge about a pub, please pass this information on to us.
Visit our Local Pub & Club Guides page to see how
Supporting pubs through the recovery period
Pubs and clubs in North Cheshire have made it through lockdown, but 42% of pub-goers say they are visiting the pub less than they did before.
So many pubs and clubs have supported their communities through lockdown, by running shops for essentials, delivering meals to vulnerable members of the community, moving the pub online to help fight loneliness and social isolation, or simply making sure that their regulars can still pick up fresh ale and cider.
Now they need our support more than ever. If you can go back to the pub please do so. Remember that if your local is under threat as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, CAMRA has a number of resources to help you save it. You can find them at Save Your Local. If you’re not ready to go back to the pub, you can find takeaway and delivery services on WhatPub. This will help support pubs that aren’t open yet, so please think about using them.
Is My Local Open Now?
The North Cheshire branch has been searching for information on the latest status of pubs in our area - have they reopened, if not when, are opening hours different to normal and so on. We accept that our information is by no means complete, but we are doing our best to keep up-to-date during this time when pubs begin to open their doors once more.
For the latest information we have, please refer to the Local Pub & Club Guides page of this website
We know that physical meetings, at a national, regional & branch level have been stopped on government advice. CAMRA supports the advice that everyone should follow NHS guidance on Covid-19, including staying at home wherever possible and ensuring social distancing when leaving their home for essential purposes
Pubs, clubs, breweries and taprooms are fighting for their survival against the Coronavirus. Many are finding different and innovative ways to help their business weather the crisis. In support of its members and beer outlets everywhere, CAMRA has launched the #PullingTogether Campaign in partnership with SIBA and Crowdfunder
To find out about this national campaign, click #PullingTogether
For information on Pulling Together in this branch, see our own CAMRA North Cheshire Branch page on this website
You can see the Benefits of CAMRA Membership on the CAMRA Central website.
CAMRA MEMBERS - ARE YOU MISSING OUT??
CAMRA North Cheshire send a newsletter by email at the start of each month informing members in their area about beer-related activities (both CAMRA and non-CAMRA) happening in the month ahead.
Events listed include Branch Meetings and Socials, local Festivals, Pub and Club Awards and CAMRA Regional meetings.
Our branch is keen to keep in touch with you, but If you are a CAMRA member but not receiving monthly news from your branch, it may be because your email address is not logged with the CAMRA central database.
To check this, all you need to do is to go to the CAMRA national website at https://camra.org.uk/ and log in using your membersip number and password. You then hover over "My Membership" and select Edit Membership Details" where you can enter or change your email address and then save the new values. In the same area you can also adjust your communication preferences.
WHAT ARE REAL ALE AND REAL CIDER?
The CAMRA National Website has a lot to say about the beer and cider you drink in its Learn & Discover pages
CAMRA MEMBER DISCOUNT SCHEMES
You can see information from this branch on member discounts on our CAMRA Member Discount Schemes page
CAMRA calls for urgent Pubs Code Reforms
Explore these and other headline articles on the What's Brewing News Website
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Friday, 15:01 : Have you seen Pete Brown's fantastic new book Beer By Design? Well there's more where that came from! Visit Pete's blog at beerbydesign.co.uk and give him a follow 👉 @BeerByDesignUK1
- Thursday, 19:07 : RT @NeilBibby: Delighted @ScotParl has tonight voted overwhelmingly for the Tied Pubs Bill to pass Stage 1. Thanks to MSPs from all parties who want to give Scotland’s Tied Pubs a fairer deal. I look forward to working across parties to progress this vital legislation in the coming weeks. pic.twitter.com/7NYGkoMFIt
- Thursday, 19:01 : Gearing up for #BlackFriday? 🛍️ Order some local beer, cider or perry to get you through! Keep supporting your local pub or brewery using #Brew2You ➡️ brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/cfVGupTMs4
- Thursday, 18:50 : MSPs in the Scottish Parliament have just voted in favour of the principles of @NeilBibby's Tied Pubs Bill - which gives tied tenants a fair deal & improves consumer choice at the bar. Thank you @jamiehepburn @scotgov @scottishlabour @scotlibdems @scotgp @theSNP & @ScotTories 🍻
- Thursday, 15:21 : Thank you to Charlotte Nichols for once again raising the issue of a lack of evidence to justify restrictions on pubs in Tier 2 areas ✊ twitter.com/charlotte2153/…
- Thursday, 15:03 : A big thank you from everyone at CAMRA to @jamiehepburn and @scotgov for listening to pub-goers, tied publicans & small breweries across Scotland and for backing @NeilBibby's Tied Pubs Bill ahead of the debate later this afternoon 🍻 heraldscotland.com/news/18898704.…
Use this link to see the CAMRA National Twitter Feed