North Cheshire CAMRA - Election of Committee Members and AGM
Join us 26th October at 8pm via Zoom
In these difficult times it is still necessary for your local CAMRA Branch to meet its legal obligations and ensure that we are properly constituted and accountable.
Whilst it is not possible for us to meet as normal, we can hold virtual meetings and have done so by Zoom over recent months. We are now giving notice of our AGM which will be held by Zoom at 8pm on 26th October 2020. Once they are available, you will be able to view the AGM documentation in the members' area of this website. The documents include reports from the Chair, Membership Secretary and the Treasurer (accounts).
There has never been a time when the hospitality industry needs our help as much as it does now. CAMRA remains a key player and an effective lobbying group for the sector. If you like real ale and value your local pubs and clubs, you can help them by becoming a more active member of your local branch.
It would be nice to recruit people with skills in marketing, public relations or technology, but more importantly we need enthusiastic members who are keen to help the committee to be as effective as it can be. None of the roles are burdensome and you will receive plenty of support and guidance whilst you settle into your role.
We welcome applications for any of the posts within the branch and a full list, and short descriptions, can be found via this link (Committee Roles Short Description). However, we are particularly keen to fill the following positions which are currently vacant:
For more information and a more detailed explanation of what the roles entail please contact ku.gro.armacerihsehchtron@yraterces
HOW YOU CAN HELP US COLLECT INFORMATION ON PUBS IN YOUR AREA
You don't have to be a member to help CAMRA keep their pub database bang up-to-date! Anyone can easily submit WhatPub updates to the CAMRA branch responsible.
Whenever you have reliable local knowledge about a pub, please pass this information on to us.
Visit our Local Pub & Club Guides page to see how
Supporting pubs through the recovery period
Pubs and clubs in North Cheshire have made it through lockdown, but 42% of pub-goers say they are visiting the pub less than they did before.
So many pubs and clubs have supported their communities through lockdown, by running shops for essentials, delivering meals to vulnerable members of the community, moving the pub online to help fight loneliness and social isolation, or simply making sure that their regulars can still pick up fresh ale and cider.
Now they need our support more than ever. If you can go back to the pub please do so. Remember that if your local is under threat as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, CAMRA has a number of resources to help you save it. You can find them at Save Your Local. If you’re not ready to go back to the pub, you can find takeaway and delivery services on WhatPub. This will help support pubs that aren’t open yet, so please think about using them.
Is My Local Open Now?
The North Cheshire branch has been searching for information on the latest status of pubs in our area - have they reopened, if not when, are opening hours different to normal and so on. We accept that our information is by no means complete, but we are doing our best to keep up-to-date during this time when pubs begin to open their doors once more.
For the latest information we have, please refer to the Local Pub & Club Guides page of this website
We know that physical meetings, at a national, regional & branch level have been stopped on government advice. CAMRA supports the advice that everyone should follow NHS guidance on Covid-19, including staying at home wherever possible and ensuring social distancing when leaving their home for essential purposes
Pubs, clubs, breweries and taprooms are fighting for their survival against the Coronavirus. Many are finding different and innovative ways to help their business weather the crisis. In support of its members and beer outlets everywhere, CAMRA has launched the #PullingTogether Campaign in partnership with SIBA and Crowdfunder
To find out about this national campaign, click #PullingTogether
For information on Pulling Together in this branch, see our own CAMRA North Cheshire Branch page on this website
You can see the Benefits of CAMRA Membership on the CAMRA Central website.
CAMRA MEMBERS - ARE YOU MISSING OUT??
CAMRA North Cheshire send a newsletter by email at the start of each month informing members in their area about beer-related activities (both CAMRA and non-CAMRA) happening in the month ahead.
Events listed include Branch Meetings and Socials, local Festivals, Pub and Club Awards and CAMRA Regional meetings.
Our branch is keen to keep in touch with you, but If you are a CAMRA member but not receiving monthly news from your branch, it may be because your email address is not logged with the CAMRA central database.
To check this, all you need to do is to go to the CAMRA national website at https://camra.org.uk/ and log in using your membersip number and password. You then hover over "My Membership" and select Edit Membership Details" where you can enter or change your email address and then save the new values. In the same area you can also adjust your communication preferences.
WHAT ARE REAL ALE AND REAL CIDER?
The CAMRA National Website has a lot to say about the beer and cider you drink in its Learn & Discover pages
CAMRA MEMBER DISCOUNT SCHEMES
You can see information from this branch on member discounts on our CAMRA Member Discount Schemes page
CAMRA calls for urgent Pubs Code Reforms
Explore these and other headline articles on the What's Brewing News Website
CAMRA National Twitter feed
- Saturday, 12:00 : We are delighted to have exceeded our @kickstarter goal for 'Modern British Cider', by @theciderologist 🎉 The campaign is still running until the end of the month - if you missed our news, have a read about the project here! 😊➡️ ow.ly/t1j350C12qZ pic.twitter.com/acx945YM1z
- Friday, 18:00 : .@simonscider has been awarded by CAMRA's Pomona Awards! Simon Gibson created mixed cider boxes during lockdown with complementary tasting sessions & is helping people across the country learn about cider & perry production. #CiderMonth 🍎 Read more 👉 ow.ly/7Mj550C0XpN pic.twitter.com/zj1cJyU4RS
- Friday, 17:00 : RT @PubsPintsPeople: LAST ORDERS! Ant, Matt & Clair have shared with us what brews they've been enjoying this week: 👇 Ant - Mann's Brown Ale by @MarstonsBrewery Clair - Cocow by @AmpersandBrewCo Matt - ALD IPA by @BrewDog Share with us below what drinks you’ve enjoyed lately! 🍻 pic.twitter.com/eKKsLXXICF
- Friday, 16:32 : Calling pub landlords! 🚨 @theipaper are looking to speak to pub landlords across the UK for a feature about the challenges they are facing due to the pandemic. They would also like to hear from landlords that have had to innovate and diversify due to the pandemic. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/o86Sl67swb
- Friday, 14:14 : 🚨🚨🚨 Check out @SIBA01's thread 👇 twitter.com/SIBA01/status/…
- Thursday, 14:18 : Thank you @LSRPlaid for securing an adjournment debate on the the Govt's planned changes to Small Brewers' Relief. Nearly 50,000 concerned beer lovers have signed this petition opposing the changes, we need to #SupportSmallBrewers 👇 petition.parliament.uk/petitions/3340…
Use this link to see the CAMRA National Twitter Feed