Branch AGM Documents
Branch Meeting Agenda
Branch Meeting Minutes
Minutes of On-Line Ctte Meeting 6 October 2021
July 2021 (Revised 4)
June 2021 (Revised)
May 2021 (Revised)
Beer Scoring Guide
Website Content Management
Click Diary Entry 'How to' Guide to download a document containing useful notes on how to add an Event to the Branch Diary and other website tasks you may need to do such as adding Downloads and adding Links.
List of Website Page Responsibilities
|North Cheshire Branch||Chairman|
|N Cheshire Pub Guide||Webmaster (Auto-updated from What?ub)|
|How you can get Involved||Membership Sec|
|Branch Diary||Secretary/Social Sec|
|Assets of Community Value/Local Campaigning||Various, depending on campaign/Webmaster|
|Branch Social Events||Social Secretary|
|What is Real Ale?||Webmaster|
|Real Cider and Perry||Apple Officer|
|GBG Selection Process||NBSS/GBG Coordinators|
|Branch Awards||Pubs Officer|
|Roll of Honour||Pubs Officer|
|LocAle Accredited Pubs||LocAle Coordinator|
|CAMRA Member Discounts||Pubs Officer|
|Breweries||Webmaster (Info from BLOs)|
|Beer Festivals||Festival Organizer|
|Links to Other Websites||Webmaster|
|National CAMRA etc.||Not amendable|
Diary Page Free Entry Guidelines (non CAMRA events)
Notes on How to add a new document download to a Website page
However, please be aware of the guidance (above) agreed at Branch Meeting on which type of event should and should not be promoted on the Diary page.
- You need to sign on to the North Cheshire CAMRA website. The Webmaster needs to have given you the rights to update the site otherwise you will not be able to see the menu options that allow updating.
- Select “add content” at the bottom of the left hand menu bar.
- Select the file you want to upload after clicking the “browse” button. I normally save the minutes in Word 97-3003 format (.doc) as I don’t know if everyone who wants to read the minutes has a more up to date copy of word. I guess you could also use PDF format.
- Add the title of the document in the “Name” field.
- Click “add download” then make a note of the download number - it will be in the format "" ! where nnnnn is the number. If you forgot to note down the Download number, don't worry. You can use the List available content menu option to find the number. Just click the checkbox for Downloads and then use the Filter by Title box to search for the Download by name.
- Select “Members’ Area” from the left hand menu bar.
- Click “Edit this” at the bottom of the page under “Administration”.
- Scroll down the “body” box to find the location where you want to add the document.
- Copy and paste an existing line into the appropriate location and overwrite the document number with the number noted above.
- Click “Update page”.
- Select “View page” to check your changes.
- Sign out
BeerEngine provides comprehensive support information in the form of the CAMRA BeerEngine Support Pages. It is recommended that you become familiar with these pages before embarking on updating the website. The Support pages describe how to use a number of simple formatting techniques, but there are many more techniques available using HTML Tags - see Support page HTML Support in Body.
Example Page shows a number of text-formatting styles plus some Links and also how an Image is inserted.
You can use Test Page to try out a new formatting technique without the risk of exposing it on the public site. For example, it has been used to try out a Table format to show the timetable for Club of the Year.
There is also a page called Table Test Page showing a 'before' and 'after' image of the same table in two different formats that has been used to try out a new table format before putting it into use.
IT IS ALWAYS RECOMMENDED TO SAVE AN OLD VERSION BEFORE EDITING JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE TO REVERT AFTER DISCOVERING THINGS HAVE NOT WORKED WELL !
A good way of learning how to create pages is to look at existing pages and copy techniques that you would like to use. The former BeerEngine users group on yahoogroups is no longer active and has been replaced by the BeerEngine Special Interest group in CAMRA Discourse. You can use this to find answers to problems encountered or to post new queries. Lastly, the Webmaster is always happy to help out anyone who asks if they make contact.